High St, Fremantle, looking east from the railway line, c 1901. The railway line is in the foreground with
Dalgety's Building, completed November 1901, on the left. Beyond is the Hotel Fremantle (1898) and in
the centre background is the Town Hall. The turreted building on the right of the Town Hall is the P&O Hotel
(1901). At the front left is the Police Quarters, demolished in 1905 for the Tramways Car Barn. Beyond
this are the home and garden of W F Samson and the Bank of NSW (1899).
Courtesy Fremantle City Library Local History Collection: Photo No. 1038