Reference services and reading room facilities
Reference services offered by JCPML staff support and assist users to discover and access material in the collection. The reading room has a range of facilities for researchers.
JCPML staff assist users by:
- conducting orientation interviews for researchers to discuss the purpose and scope of the proposed research, the material they expect to use, any deadlines for the research and possible copying requirements (Researchers wishing to make in depth use of the collection are requested to contact the JCPML prior to their visit to arrange an orientation interview).
- conducting tours of the archives.
- explaining how to use the Electronic Research Archive (ERA).
- responding to client enquiries about opening hours, the range of services, access to ERA, etc.
- answering reference enquiries - note that staff will place time limits on the amount of complex or lengthy research undertaken for individual enquiries.
- referring people to other repositories with relevant holdings.
Reference enquiries are welcome either in person or by phone, fax or email - Contact the JCPML.
A reference collection of relevant secondary works is held in the reading room and can be searched via the Curtin University Library Catalogue.The majority of the secondary source materials are accessible in the Robertson Library, which is located 200 metres from the JCPML.
Reading room facilities
The reading room provides the following facilities for researchers:
- Networked computer workstations and printing facilities.
- Wireless access for laptop computers.
- Photocopying of archival material by staff.
- Microform records via a dedicated computer allowing microform records to be viewed and copied.
- Equipment for viewing and listening to audiovisual materials.
All materials are to be used under the supervision of staff.